In 1992, Rumsey & Son became part of The Shore Porters' Society.
The Working Department trades as International Removers and Hauliers and operates out of Aberdeen and Richmond upon Thames, with a combined fleet of 30 lorries and vans.
The Shore Porters' Society began as a group of porters, or ‘Pynours’ who worked at Aberdeen Harbour and formed, for their mutual protection, one of the oldest co-operatives in existence, dating back to 1498.
In 1666 the Superannuated Members' Fund, or Property and Warehousing Department, was founded as one of two distinct trading units to provide for retired and sick partners. The other unit was known as the General Haulage Department, the Horse and Van Department, or simply the Working Department.